Lake Road Reserve Chardonnay - Gisborne 2022

Lake Road Reserve Chardonnay - Gisborne 2022

Lake Road Reserve Chardonnay - Gisborne 2022

No review yet. Write Review
Regular price $25.00
in stock SOLD OUT


A truly exquisite Gisborne Chardonnay, offering delightful aromas of white florals, and stonefruit.  Rich in flavour, complex and golden-hued, it has aromas of peach, mango, oak, and hazelnut, plus a satisfying creaminess that lingers on the palate.  Medium-bodied with a delightful texture, weight and length, the palate leads to a creamy finish. A superb accompaniment to dishes like seafood, chicken and pork.


Gisborne, New Zealand




 Wine Analysis

Alc/Vol: 13%


Match with seafood, chicken and pork.


A spectacular vintage in Gisborne with settled warm weather allowed the grapes to be harvested at the perfect time. Fruit from the Eran block in Makaraka was hand harvested and whole bunch pressed to barrel for a wild fermentation.  The Bell Block on Black Ormond Road was machine harvested on the19th of March. The free run went into barrel for a wild ferment with a small amount in tank to be inoculated with a commercial yeast strain. The barrel ferment components went through a malolactic fermentation at the end of the primary fermentation. The wine stayed in barrel/tank till October 202. Overall, 20% of the assemblage saw new French oak and 75% was barrel fermented. The remaining 25% was barrel fermented. The wine was bottled in November 2021.


Wine Orbit 93 points, 5 stars


"Richly fruited and gorgeously complex with golden peach, mango, vanillin oak and roasted hazelnut aromas, it's succulent and creamy in the mouth displaying excellent fruit power combined with seductive oak infusion, making it delectable and highly enjoyable."

Sam Kim - Wine Orbit 93 points, 5 stars


Ready to drink now but will mature in the medium term with cool cellaring.



Free Delivery for all Orders within a 40km radius of Wahroonga, NSW

Free Delivery for all Orders over $150.
$9.95 delivery fee for all other orders.   
  • Delivery only available in Australia. We use a combination of company drivers and courier services to deliver.
    All orders are shipped in 1-3 days.
    Delivery around Sydney Metro occurs within 2 days. Contact us for urgent deliveries.
    Delivery to other Metro Cities generally occurs within 5 business days.
    Please contact us if you have specific delivery requirements.


    All quoted prices are in $AUD 


    In the unlikely event that you do not like or are dissatisfied with our Champagnes or Wines, you can return any unopened bottles and receive an exchange or refund. Please contact us with any queries in this regard.


Added To Cart :
Add To Cart Failed :
prouduct successfully added to wishlist !